Friday, May 15, 2009

Critiques, Reviews, and Etc...

As I am beginning to write material for the Geek Chef I find myself internally defining my stance, or reason for writing, and the approach which I prefer to use.
I’m not particularly interested in being a food critic, we have plenty of those. At the same time it’s almost impossible for me not to critique what I eat because I am so immersed in the food world. It is what I love, what I do, and how I make a living. How I do things, how I would do things, and why others do things the way they do as far as cooking or creating a dining experience are themes always running through my head, well a good deal of the time anyway.
My wife and I play a fantasy game of, “when we open our restaurant”, and “our restaurant will be like…”. It’s an odd dream that may or may not come true. I think it must radiate from us though because when we go out to eat we seem to meet a lot of restaurant owners that end up talking to us about buying their restaurant…
Anyway, my main objective really is to try to connect people to good food, and not so much about writing reviews. So for the main, I will usually write about things I like, and not so much about things I don’t like, unless something has really gotten under my skin, or I feel that there is some illustration in traveling down that particular path.

No comments:

Post a Comment