Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Holy Kakow!

5/19/09

I bought a really nice product today, a bag of cocoa powder from Holy Kakow, a local company making cocoa powder and chocolate syrups. Their products are organic and sourced from single origin, direct trade suppliers.
I needed some cocoa to bake a couple of tart shells so I stopped by Sheridan on my way home. I admit it was the packaging that caught, and held my eye. It was too cool looking not to buy. Something about it looked very now, and I wanted to try it. I didn’t realize until later that they are a local company, and I felt a tiny bit of envy. One of my sub-fantasies is to run a small scale local chocolate production kitchen starting from raw cacao, but that’s another story…
When I got home, I unpacked the groceries and reached for the bag of cocoa. I unzipped it and said, wow! It was such a nice, rich, earthy, and heady aroma, I just stood and inhaled it for a while, then passed it to the rest of the family to smell. It was good!
I baked my tart shells using their cocoa, and my house is filled with the delicious scent. Nice job guys! It smells so good, I’m excited!
I want to interview the two guys that run Holy Kakow, and see their production plant, and take pics. In the meantime, check out their website, they list where they sell it, and buy their cocoa and taste for yourself.



The Geek Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment